Real estate in Pinal County offers homebuyers so many great options. This is especially true for those who are looking to live in the quaint and historic Town of Florence.
Set apart from the hustle and bustle of the city, Florence is located 60 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles northeast of Tucson. So, even though Florence offers residents the feel of Arizona’s past, it is also close enough to Arizona’s two major metropolitan areas.
If you’re thinking of real estate in Pinal County and Florence is starting to sound appealing to you, here are some interesting facts about the town that might be helpful in your home search, particularly if you’re a history buff:
- Florence has a rich history dating back to 1866 when Colonel Levi Ruggles established the town after serving in the Civil War.
- Not surprisingly, agriculture was the major economic base for the area until Florence became Pinal County’s government seat and silver was discovered in 1875.
- Charles Poston, considered the Father of Arizona, was a prominent figure in Florence history as it was he who encouraged Congress to create the Arizona Territory. Poston was the territory’s first elected Congressional delegate.
- Florence’s Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are more than 140 historic buildings around town.
- Other nearby points of interest include McFarland State Historic Park; Pinal County Historic Museum; Pinal Pioneer Parkway; Tom Mix Memorial; St. Anthony’s Greek Orthodox Monastery; Poston Butte; and the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument.
The weather in Florence is a bit more mild throughout the year than Phoenix proper. Winter temperatures range from 30° – 70°; summer temperatures hover from lows in the 70°s to just above 100°.
Homes in Florence offer prospective residents a variety to choose from. From established homes to new construction and everything in between, there is something for everyone is every price range in Florence.
If you’re looking for a 55+ active senior community, you might want to consider Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch. This Del Webb community offers a variety of world-class amenities including a private clubhouse, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a restaurant, and hobby and game rooms. The 18-hole Poston Butte Golf Course winds throughout the community, so this location is perfect for the avid golfer or spectator.
For more information about real estate in Pinal County, or specifically Florence, Arizona, contact me by email at BigMike@nullDownHomeAZ.com or by phone at 480.720.0730.